2021 What a Year!
Your family had a busy year! A very busy year. While you were here, there, and everywhere, we were along for the ride, helping you stay protected every step of the way. Before we put a pin in 2021, and look to the new year ahead, let’s check out how the global Life360 family lived Life Three Sixty over the last 12 months.
2021 by the numbers
- 1 in 11 people in the U.S. used Life360 to stay safe. Our oldest (and wisest) users have been with us for 13 years. We love that kind of dedication to safety!
- On average, Life360 members checked on their family’s safety at least twice per day.
So, if you’ve ever wondered if you are checking the app a little too much —— you’re not! You’re just a part of a great big group of modern parents who make family safety a top priority.
Now go ahead, check your family’s driving summary one more time. It’s ok!
Driving, Location, Digital… you did it all
From safety on the road, to safety online, you made the most of using Life360’s features wherever you were. Here are some top stats:
- The largest Circle had 729 members. It’s not about the size of your Circle… but the new year is a great time to add more friends and family.
- 3.3M Data Breach Alerts were detected for our users. Data Breach Alerts are included in your membership, so, if you haven’t already, make sure to enable them from the Safety Tab in the app.
Life on the road
- Life360 members traveled a whopping 254 billion miles in 2021. To put it in perspective, that’s the same as going on a roadtrip to the Sun and back – 1,365 times.
- Once the sun went down, the speed picked up. Be careful at night – traveling at 80mph or faster was most common at 4am vs any other time of the day.
- And, where was everyone traveling from US? Mexico. Among our users it was the most popular country to visit (sorry, Canada!).
Life on the go
- You all hit the road and we were right there with you through the good, and not so good. Over the past year, we called emergency dispatchers 19,572 times to send help to members when they’ve had a collision accident.
- We received close to 700,000 in-app SOS alerts from members. Safety tip: SOS was created as a way to reach us anytime you feel unsafe, like walking alone at night or having a medical emergency. If you haven’t already, enable yours today.
- The most Places created in a single Circle – 1,817. Adding Place Alerts is an easy way to stay in the know when your family is running (or driving) all around town!
Upgrade your safety in 2022
New year’s resolution includes more safety? That’s an easy one to check off your list (and way less painful than quitting coffee). Safety features like Roadside Assistance, Emergency Dispatch, Free Towing, Medical Assistance, and Disaster Response, all included in Gold Membership, will keep your family covered through all of the adventures 2022 will bring. Try Gold for free →