We may be apart from our neighbors, but at-home togetherness is at an all-time high. That’s why we’ve compiled a helpful list of resources to help you keep it positive, stay sane, and make the most of your time.
We can’t “stress” this enough. Don’t forget to take care of YOU while you’re caring for everyone else.
- We’ve partnered with the leading mindfulness app Aura to help you find peace in quiet moments. As our gift to you, we’re offering an exclusive FREE 6-month subscription.* Enjoy thousands of mindfulness meditations, life coaching guides, and inspirational stories created by the world’s best coaches, personalized just for you. Sign up here.
- Get swept away with the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Morning MeditOcean — a combination of a guided meditation with the viewing of their Pacific sea nettles. Watch it here.
- Upworthy’s daily finds from around the web are meant to uplift and inspire you. We dare you not to smile or shed a tear while you scroll through all of their posts! Our personal favorite: penguins exploring Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium after it was closed to the public. Follow Upworthy here.
- Looking to find the perfect work-from-home balance? Work Responsibly is here to save the day with resources on how to focus, improve your sleep, reduce anxiety, and more. Explore all the site has to offer here.
The world may have slowed wayyy down, but we can still keep it moving!
- From yoga to dance parties, OPEN (Online Physical Education Network) has workouts the whole family can enjoy. Find your favorites here.
- GoNoodle gets kids moving with various games and activities that incorporate fun with videos created by child development experts. Check it out here.
- Missing your favorite workout class? From yoga and Pilates to OrangeTheory and Barry’s Bootcamp, many of your favorite studios are putting their classes online and streaming workouts daily. Find a list here.
School closures have turned many of us into overnight teachers. Keep your kids on track with these lesson plans, worksheets, and more.
- Pre-K and elementary: Education.com
- High school: Crash Course
- Plus! Audible also released many of their titles for free during this time, which you can score here.
Explore the world
Take a vacation right from your couch with virtual tours of museums, national parks, and zoos. From the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History to the San Diego Zoo, and even Walt Disney World, there are tons of online tours to keep you occupied. Find them at:
Support your community
Local businesses are the heart of every city. Right now, they’re struggling to stay afloat. Here are a few ways to help.
- Keep your favorite businesses going by ordering a gift card to use once they reopen.
- Order from your favorite restaurant using contactless delivery. Postmates and Uber Eats are both offering options to leave the food at your door with no contact.
- Donate blood. The American Red Cross is facing a severe blood shortage due to the cancellation of many blood drives around the country. Find out how and when you can donate here.
*Free Aura subscription valid for the first 35,000 subscribers.