How Do I Get My Kids to Sleep In Later?
Getting kids out of bed can be a pain, but even more difficult is when they’re the ones waking you up. Hey, parents deserve to sleep in some days. ParentsAsk pinged Elizabeth Pantley, author of The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers, for tips on how to get kids to stay asleep just a little longer. Here’s a quick summary of Elizabeth’s advice:
- Dim the lights. Street lights or house lights can cause a light sleeper to wake up early.
- Prepare for nature’s calls. Give your child less liquid before he/she goes to bed to prevent waking up early to use the bathroom.
- Prevent morning hunger. Give your child a low-sugar, high-carb snack before bed.
- Change a habit. Gradually adjust his/her night and nap schedule.
- Fix a misaligned nap routine.
See the whole thing at ParentsAsk. Photo by adwriter.