Accident Proofing for a Safe Home
Home should be the safest space in the world. Here’s a room-by-room checklist of common hazards to avoid and easily address. If you or your child happens to get into an accident at home, Life360 can help protect your family with our SOS feature. Register online today.
How to Accident Proof Your Home, Room-by-Room
- Make sure knives are sharpened and stored safely.
- Cap your hot water tank temp at 120 degrees F.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy.
- Area rugs can be a trip-hazard. Use double-sided tape to secure corners.
- Keep cords and cables tied up and off the floor.
- Make sure stairways are well lit.
- One handrail is good. Two handrails are better.
- Keep the floor free of clutter.
- Do not obstruct access to windows in case of fire.
- Use floor grips in the tub and shower.
- Use bathmats to minimize slip risk.
A little extra awareness goes a long way, especially with the rushed pace of modern family life. Make home safety a habit for all family members, and enjoy more happy, healthy years together.