An Update On Life360 In Ukraine and Russia
At Life360, our mission is to help families around the world stay safe and connected. We are deeply saddened and concerned that the Russian invasion of Ukraine is jeopardizing the safety of millions of families.
For us, this conflict hits very close to home — in fact, Ukraine is home to many of our team members. We’re actively supporting them to make sure that they’re able to prioritize their safety and the safety of their loved ones. We’re doing all we can to stay coordinated and provide them with financial relief.
In addition to supporting our team in Ukraine, we’re taking the following actions:
- Disabling service within Russia, effective immediately
- Removing apps from all Russian app stores
- Fast-tracking development of a Ukrainian version of our app
- Donating to the International Rescue Committee to support displaced families and children
- Adding call-outs within the Life360 app so members can provide support
Given the scale of the situation, there is always more that can be done. And we believe in continuing to do our part, together.
By Paul Robinson, VP of Engineering, Mobile at Life360