America is, not surprisingly, the world’s highest per-capita consumer of soda. I knew sodas are unhealthy beverages, but I didn’t realize quite how bad they were until I saw these ten disturbing facts about soda.
- Increased risk of osteoporosis
- Increased risk of kidney stones
- Soda is addictive
- It’s an expensive habit
- Potential for tooth decay
- Mountain Dew Syndrome
- Extremely high phosphorus intake
- Ingredients not listed on the label
- Potential link to cancer (still not proven, but very possible)
- Just look at this video about how much sugar is in soda
I don’t know about you, but I’m going to think twice before I order a Coke again. And I’m definitely going to start monitoring my family’s soda consumption habits.
Any other reasons to add to the list? Do you let your kids drink soda?