Halloween can be stressful for parents concerned about kids navigating the neighborhood safely at night – especially when their kids start trick-or-treat independently with their friends. This Halloween season, Life360 is all about giving parents a way to worry-less, while giving kids a safe way to enjoy more freedom with their friends.
Here are 3 of our favorite Life360 tips to let kids stretch their independence while keeping them safe:
- “Trick-or-Treat” in the Zone: Designate a trick-or-treating zone with the Life360 app. Just select a location and set a geo-fence around it. You’ll get a push notification if your child leaves the zone. You can even give older kids a wide berth – Life360’s geo-fence feature can be enlarged up to 10,500-feet!
- Easy Pick-Ups for Little Monsters: You can easily see where your child is using the private Life360 map. When it’s time to pick them up, click on their avatar and get directions to navigate directly to their location.
- Beware of Ghoulish Drivers: Halloween is one of the most dangerous days of the year to be on the road. With Life360’s Driver Protect plan, you can give your family and teens an extra layer of protection with roadside assistance, crash detection and emergency response. It will also automatically notify your emergency contacts should a crash be detected.
We’re big believers in real-world safety tips too. Here are a few more of our favorites:
- Pick Neighborhoods Wisely: Do your research to find a safe, well-lit and quiet neighborhood where other families are trick-or-treating.
- Create a Parent Group Chat: Create a group chat with the other parents on trick-or-treat day for real-time shared updates of neighborhood activity.
- Gear Up with Flashlights & Reflective Patches: Arm your kids with flashlights and light-up costume props like light sabers and lanterns. Put reflective bands or tape all over your child’s candy bag and costume!
- Give the Safety Rundown: Prior to trick-or-treating, have a quick family huddle to make sure kids are clear on all the rules of the road (i.e. look both ways before crossing).
Follow these tips and you’re sure to have a spook-tac-ular Halloween! Share your Halloween pictures with us on Instagram using #Life360Halloween for a chance to be featured.