Thanksgiving is the biggest travel day of the year for long distance trips, and nearly 9 out of 10 of those trips will be by car. The amount of travelers in 2016 hasn’t been this high since 2007!
That’s a lot of cars on the road, and when you’re looking forward to eating your fried, bbqed, spatch cocked, or roasted turkey, worrying about travel safety isn’t top of mind.
For families traveling to other families, or for groups expecting groups, we’ve got 6 tips on how to use Life360 to give you Peace of Mind on safety and coordination this holiday so that you can concentrate on not burning the green bean casserole.
- Want to know when your family is approaching so you can set the table? Create a Holiday Circle and get notified when they are getting close to your house.
- Check in that everyone is where they should be by taking a peak at the map. Breathe a sigh of relief that your family is still driving, en route, and not stuck with a flat tire and no help.
- Do you have such a big group that you are traveling in separate cars? Follow fellow travelers to arrive together by adding each other in a Circle, looking at them on the map, and communicating through Life360 messaging.
- Gravy? Check! Cranberry sauce? Check! French’s Fried Onions? Check! Uh oh, your daughter is bringing her new boyfriend and he doesn’t eat meat. Tofurkey? Check! Make your Thanksgiving dinner list editable by the whole family with a Life360 List
- Unbutton your jeans and let the tryptophan set in. It’s time to grab Apples to Apples and snap pictures of your family having fun without fighting. Share pictures privately with your whole Circle with group messaging inside Life360.
- Let your teenager take the wheel and work on his or her driving skills. With Life360’s Safe Drive Analysis, you can see if they picked up their phone while driving, the top speed reached during the trip, and how many miles they drove. With the busiest travel day of the year, this is a perfect time to have a conversation about safe driving habits.
Let us know how you use Life360 to coordinate and stay safe over the holidays!