- What is Life360?
- Is Life360 free?
- What phones will run Life360?
- What is Life360 Premium and how much does it cost?
- What is 24/7 Live Advisor?
- How do I receive the $100 for my stolen phone?
- How do I invite someone that does not have a smartphone?
- How do I purchase the $5/month Life360 Premium service to locate a non-smartphone?
- Does the $5/month non-smartphone locating service work outside of the USA?
- How do I cancel Life360 Premium?
- A member stopped updating. How do I fix this?
- Can I lock the app on a member’s phone?
- Can I delete messages from my Family Channel?
- Can I be in two different families?
- How do I remove someone from my Circle?
- The app does not accept a member’s phone number.
- How many members can be on my Circle?
- What are Places and how do I set them up?
- How do I set up more than two Places?
- Do I need to be at the location I want to set up as a Place?
- Will any phone, anywhere work with Places?
- How can I delete a Place?
- What is the Crime Alert feature?
- How do I turn the Crime Alert pins off?
- Can someone locate me without me knowing it?
- How do I unsubscribe? I do not want to be a part of Life360.
- Can I use Life360 to locate my lost phone?
- How do I improve an inaccurate location?
- Does the app drain my battery?
- Is my information secure?
- How do I cancel my account?
- Where do I get more help or send feedback?
- What is Circles?
- How do I remove myself from a Circle?
- If I have Life360 Premium for one Circle, do I have it for all Circles?
- How do I create a Circle?
- How do I make two Circles into just one Circle?
- I don’t want to share my location
- What does it mean to be an Admin?
- What are the symbols above a member’s icon?
- Can I download Life360 to my Blackberry or Windows phone?
- How do I add profile photos for my Circles?
What is Life360?Back to Top
Life360 is a free smartphone app that helps keep families and close friends connected stay in sync throughout their busy day. With Life360, you can see where your family and friends are on a private map, stay in touch with group and one-on-one messaging, and get help in an emergency. Life360 was started in 2008 and has 40 million members and growing!
Is Life360 free?Back to Top
Yes! Our core service is (and always will be) 100% free of charge. However, we do offer some premium features for a small monthly fee. Life360 Premium is $5/month and gives you more of the app you love. Plus, you can try it for free for 30 days!
What phones will run Life360?Back to Top
We work on iPhone and Android devices or over SMS using a non-smartphone. We were previously able to offer a beta app in Blackberry, but this app has been discontinued.
You can also use our app on iPods, iPads and some other tablet devices, but your location will only update when you are connected to the internet.
To locate someone who owns a non-smartphone, you will need to upgrade to Life360 Premium, which is $5 a month.
What is Life360 Premium and how much does it cost?Back to Top
Life360 Premium offers more of the app you love, for only $5/month.
24/7 Live Advisor gives your family access to a real person, no matter what time day or night, who can help in case of emergency. You’ll also get unlimited location updates for non-smartphones, unlimited Places, $100 in stolen phone protection, and expanded history data.
What is 24/7 Live Advisor?Back to Top
With the push of a button, the app will instantly connect you to a real person who can:
· See your current location
· Give you personalized crisis care
· Access your emergency profile
Can you limit the number of emergencies in your life? Of course not. That’s why you will have unlimited use of the service and there is not a limit to the number of calls you can make.
How do I receive the $100 for my stolen phone?Back to Top
Send an email to email@example.com to receive the correct claim form to fill out.
How do I invite someone that does not have a smartphone?Back to Top
First, add them to your Circle in the app. On the invite page, choose the “No Smartphone” option. They will receive an email and text invitation to join your account. Once they accept, they will be prompted to input their email address, create a password so they can log in online, and will be asked which type of phone they own. They will choose “Other Phone”. They will soon receive a text message asking if they agree to be located using this service. Once they reply YES, you can update their location at any time. This service can only be used in the United States and works on any of these carriers: AT&T, Verizon, TMobile, or Sprint.
How do I purchase the $5/month Life360 Premium service to locate a non-smartphone?Back to Top
You will first need to complete the set-up process for the family member you wish to locate using this service. Add the family member to your account and have them accept the invite to join. They will be sent a text message asking if they agree to be located. Once they reply YES, you can update their location at any time. After the first update, you will be given the option to purchase the service.
Does the $5/month non-smartphone locating service work outside of the USA?Back to Top
You can locate any family member that downloads the app to their phone. However, the On-Demand service will only work in the US. We hope to expand this services to other countries in the future.
How do I cancel Life360 Premium?Back to Top
It’s easy! If you purchased Life360 Premium with Google Wallet, manage your subscription’s billing by visiting the Play Store on your device.
On the Play Store, search for Life360. At the top of the page, click the Cancel button to stop your Life360 Premium subscription. For more information of Google Play subscriptions: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2476088?topic=1046717&ctx=topic&hl=en&rd=1
If you purchased Life360 Premium with your credit card, follow these steps to cancel your subscription: 1) Log into your account at www.life360.com 2) In the upper right hand corner, click the drop-down arrow and select Billing 3) Select the desired Premium Circle to cancel and click Continue 4) There will be an option below Premium Subscription to cancel For further help, you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org
ALSO- Be aware that uninstalling an app will not cancel your subscription. You must cancel your subscription in order to not be billed. If you uninstall the app without canceling your subscription, you will still be billed.
A member stopped updating. How do I fix this?Back to Top
First, make sure they are logged into the app — you’d be surprised how often this is what is wrong! If you still are having issues, take a look at our troubleshooting guide.
Can I lock the app on a member’s phone?Back to Top
No. Anyone in your Circle can uninstall the app at any time. We don’t see ourselves as a “tracking” company, and believe our app is at its best when we are used as a communication and safety tool, not as a big brother.
Can I delete messages from my Family Channel?Back to Top
Currently messages cannot be deleted, but you’ll see this feature in a future release. Stay tuned!
Can I be in two different families?Back to Top
Yes! This is our newest feature Circles. Now, you can join multiple, private groups easily inside the Life360 app.
How do I remove someone from my Circle?Back to Top
Only account administrators have the ability to delete family members. You can delete a family member online or in the app.
· Login to www.life360.com and click on the Members sidebar on the left
· Next to a member’s picture, you will see a right arrow. Click on the right arrow to expand the member
· Click on ‘Remove from Circle’ on the bottom of the member’s panel
· Go to the Menu
· Go to Settings
· Tap Circles
· Choose the Circle you want to edit
· Press Edit
· Delete the user you want to remove
The app does not accept a member’s phone number.Back to Top
When creating an account, leave the phone number field blank. This section only accepts US phone numbers. Do the same when inviting members to join your account. Input their email address, but leave the phone field blank.
How many members can be on my Circle?Back to Top
We officially support up to 6 members.
What are Places and how do I set them up?Back to Top
Places is a great way to know when your loved ones are leaving work or just arrived at school! Places are areas you can define inside the Life360 app so that you are alerted when a family member enters or leaves a location. Some places you might want to set up are work, home, and school.
How to set up Places:
- Inside the Menu in the Life360 app, tap on Places
- Click the Add Place button
- Move the map to the area you want to add. Or input the address into the search field. Make sure the blue marker is above the area you want to set up.
- Name the place (like home, school, or work) so you will know where your family member is located when we alert you. Each time you set up a new Place, it must be named uniquely.
- Press Save
- Next you can choose who you want to set the Place for and whether you want to be alerted when they arrive, leave, or both.
You can set up two Places for free. Each Place needs to be named uniquely. For instance, you cannot name two places School. Try setting one as Timmy’s School and one as Jessica’s High School instead. To set up more places, you can purchase our $5/month Premium service.
How do I set up more than two Places?Back to Top
To set up more places, you can purchase Life360 Premium for only $5/month.
Do I need to be at the location I want to set up as a Place?Back to Top
No, you can set a location from anywhere.
Will any phone, anywhere work with Places?Back to Top
This service can be used anywhere in the world. To work, the phone you are locating will need to be an iPhone or Android devices with the Life360 app installed, connected to the internet, and have Run in the Background turned on inside the app.
How can I delete a Place?Back to Top
You can delete the Place as long as you created it. To delete the Place, follow these steps:
- Open the Menu in the Life360 app
- Tap on Places
- Tap on the place you would like to delete
- Hit the Edit Place button
- Select the Delete button
What is the Crime Alert feature?Back to Top
The red pins you see on your map are areas where a crime was reported. This feature is available inside the Life360 app in the US and parts of the UK, but some cities will not have crime stats available.
To select how often you want the crime data to update, follow the steps below. The feature will default to Auto-Select which means we will show you the most recent crime in the area you are searching.
- Go to the Menu inside the Life360 app
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Map Options
- Tap Crime
How do I turn the Crime Alert pins off?Back to Top
To hide the red Crime data pins, follow these steps in the app:
- Go to the Menu inside the Life360 app
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Map Options
- Tap Crime
- Select OFF
Can someone locate me without me knowing it?Back to Top
No, for someone to find your location using Life360, you will need to give us your explicit permission by installing our app and logging into an account or if you have a non-smartphone, replying YES to the text message invitation which asks you to join an account. As soon as you logout of Life360, no one will be able to locate you. Similarly, if you reply NO to the text message invitation on your non-smartphone, you cannot be tracked.
How do I unsubscribe? I do not want to be a part of Life360.Back to Top
You can reply #stop to any text message from Life360 to add your number to our unsubscribe list. If you received an email, there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email message.
Can I use Life360 to locate my lost phone?Back to Top
If you log into your account at www.life360.com, you will be able to see the last location your phone updated. You can also have a family member on your account open the Life360 app on their phone and update the lost phone’s location. For the best location possible on your phone, we recommend having your GPS and Wifi always on. If the app is not logged in or if the phone is turned off, the location will not update.
How do I improve an inaccurate location?Back to Top
The first thing you should do is make sure your family member has all location services turned ON on their phone, including GPS and WiFi.
Please note that accuracy depends on many factors, such as your environment and your phone. At times, a highly accurate location won’t be available.
Does the app drain my battery?Back to Top
Life360 has the lowest battery drain of all locator apps on the market. We have an advanced algorithm that helps us decide when to wake up your phone and update your location—so we never just leave your GPS on.
But, every app that uses location will use some extra battery. Most users should expect about 10% shorter battery life when running Life360.
Is my information secure?Back to Top
Yes, we use bank level SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption and other military grade security protocols. We are independently verified by VeriSign.
How do I cancel my account?Back to Top
It’s easy! Go to the Menu screen in your Life360 app and tap on Settings. Click “My account” and choose Delete Account. This will delete your entire account and remove you from all Circles on Life360!
Where do I get more help or send feedback?Back to Top
We’d love to hear from you! Fee free to send any feedback or stories of how you’ve used the app to email@example.com. If you are having problems with your account, you can visit our support forum at support.life360.com. If you can’t find an answer there, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Circles?Back to Top
It’s a way to stay connected to all of the most important people in your life in individual, private groups. It allows you to be a part of multiple families or groups easily within your Life360 app. Try it out! Create a Circle for your babysitters, dog walkers, or work pals.
How do I remove myself from a Circle?Back to Top
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Circles
- Choose the Circle you want to leave
- Press Leave This Circle
If I have Life360 Premium for one Circle, do I have it for all Circles?Back to Top
No, you will need to purchase Life360 Premium for each Circle.
How do I create a Circle?Back to Top
This can only be done in the Life360 app (not on the web). To add a Circle, follow these steps in the app:
- Open the Menu
- Go to Add Circle
- Choose what type of Circle you want to create. You can use one of our handy suggestions or customize your own!
How do I make two Circles into just one Circle?Back to Top
You cannot merge two Circles together at this time, but you can invite anyone you want into your Circle.
I don’t want to share my locationBack to Top
You can turn off your location in any of your Circles. Turning off your location in one Circle will not affect your location sharing in other Circles. Keep in mind, check ins will update your location for that Circle even if location sharing is turned off. If you press the panic button, this will turn location sharing back on for that Circle.
To stop sharing your location, follow these steps:
- Go to the Circle you want to edit
- Open the Menu
- Go to Members
- Switch your Location Sharing to OFF
What does it mean to be an Admin?Back to Top
Only Admins can invite people to join the Circle. To give Admin rights, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings
- Go to Circles
- Choose the Circle you want to edit
- Check the Admin box
What are the symbols above a member’s icon?Back to Top
· The speech bubble will take you directly into creating a new message
· The phone gives you the option to call that person
· The trail opens up that person’s location history
· The circular arrow manually updates that person’s location
· The check mark send them a request to check in
· The pin with a plus lets you set up a Place
Can I download Life360 to my Blackberry or Windows phone?Back to Top
No, the Life360 app is not available for these devices but they can be added to your family account and located by purchasing our Life360 Premium service for $5/month.
How do I add profile photos for my Circles?Back to Top
Each user must add their own photo. There are a few ways to add a photo to your account.
From an Android device:
- Select your silhouette
- Press the blue arrow facing to the right, next to your current address location
- Click Edit
- Select your silhouette again
- Add a photo from your gallery
From an iPhone device:
- Open the Menu
- Tap your silhouette to add a photo
From a web browser:
- Log into your account at Life360.com
- Locate your profile silhouette
- Select the arrow pointing to the right
- Click on your silhouette to change your picture