Learn more about Privacy in Life360
We know that for Life360 families, protecting your loved ones is your number one priority. So it’s only natural that you would want to know how we use the data you provide to us. We get that, so we have outlined how we use your data below.
In order for Life360 to provide you the most accurate and best experience, Life360 will collects your location and driving event data:
- To provide accurate and timely information to members of your Circle.
To deliver location and driving detection services such as Drive Detection, driving alerts, crash detection, Automatic SOS and roadside assistance.
For advertising purposes, which may include either Life360 offering you new services and/or 3rd party advertising. In order to keep our Service free for most users, we generate revenue through trusted data partnerships. We share device data, including location and movement data, with Partners for tailored advertising, attribution, analytics or research purposes, or that use such data to analyze location and movement trends. Of course, you can adjust your data sharing preferences or opt-out at any time.
One of the 3rd parties who we share data with is Arity. Arity is an insights technology company that helps power the driving features that you will use in our application. Arity collects the following via the app and/or your mobile device. Some of the information they may collect includes:
- Geolocation and geospatial data;
- Mobile device information and application analytics, including IP address and referral URL;
- Driving Event Data; and
- Information provided by you during the Life360 registration or during the use of the Life360 service
Arity may use this data to:
- Provide services to you
- Enhance the services, including by using your personal data in product development and statistical analysis;
- For US users only, provide and service insurance products, including using personal data to perform profiling activities and to provide you with relevant and personalized advertising.