Distracted Driving Awareness Month 2023
Distracted driving is a big concern that affects the safety of drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. As we enter Distracted Driving Awareness Month this April, it’s essential to take a moment to reflect on the risks and dangers of this growing problem.
This April, we have the opportunity to raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving and take steps to improve our driving habits.
Distracted Driving Statistics
Distracted driving is a growing problem that affects millions of people worldwide. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving claimed the lives of 3,142 people in the United States in 2020. Additionally, the NHTSA reports that distracted driving was a reported factor in nearly 8.5% of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in the US.
3 Ways to Use Life360 During Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Thankfully, with the advancements in technology, there are now tools that can help us improve driving safety. One such tool is the Life360 driving safety app.
By using Life360, you can help reduce distracted driving and make the roads safer for everyone. So, if you haven’t already done so, register for Life360 online today and start taking steps to improve driving safety for yourself and your loved ones.
Here are three ways to use Life360 to reduce distracted driving and improve road safety.
Life360 allows you to share your estimated arrival time (ETA) with your family and friends. This can help reduce distractions by eliminating the need to constantly text or call to check in on your whereabouts.
With Life360, you can set up place alerts to notify your family and friends when you arrive or leave a specific location. This can help reduce distractions by letting them know when you have arrived safely at your destination.
Phone Usage Info on Driver Reports
Life360 provides phone usage information as part of our Individual Driving Reports. This information is based on how often you pick up your phone while driving. While this cannot detect what is being done on your phone, as Life360 cannot see texts or outside app activities, it can alert users to how often a phone is used based on phone movement. This can help you become more aware of your driving habits and work to reduce distractions.
Tips for Avoiding Distractions and Staying Safe While Driving
There are many steps you can take to avoid distractions while driving. Here are some additional tips you can use:
- Put your phone away: Your phone is one of the most significant distractions while driving, so put it away before you get behind the wheel. Try using a hands-free device or a phone mount if you need to use it for navigation.
- Plan your route: Before driving, familiarize yourself with the directions. This can help you avoid constantly looking at your phone or GPS.
- Avoid eating and drinking while driving: Whether you’re in the mood for a quick snack or hungry for dinner, be sure to pull over before savoring your next meal.
- Keep your eyes on the road: When driving, it’s essential to stay focused on the road. Avoid distractions such as adjusting the radio or rearview mirrors.
- Take breaks: If you’re feeling tired, take a break and rest before continuing to drive. Driving while fatigued can be just as dangerous as driving distracted or even intoxicated.
Driving is all you have to do when you’re behind the wheel. By following these tips, you can reduce distractions and stay safe while driving. Remember, it’s essential to prioritize driving safety at all times, not just during Distracted Driving Awareness Month.
Be Less Distracted on the Road with Life360
In conclusion, distracted driving can affect us all. Using the Life360 app can help reduce distractions and improve driving safety. Set up custom notifications, use location sharing, and monitor driving behaviors to keep your loved ones safe on the road. Don’t wait until it’s too late – take action today to prevent distracted driving accidents.