Official Sweepstakes Rules
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT BOX GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST THE SPONSOR TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST THE SPONSOR ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
While it involves interaction with social media platforms, this Sweepstakes is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media platform. By entering the Sweepstakes, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and you may be sharing certain information with Facebook when using their platform.
Promotion Name: Mother’s Day Gift Box Giveaway (the “Promotion”)
This Promotion is solely sponsored by Life360 (“Sponsor”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Sponsor. For a copy of these Official Rules, please send your request by mail at Life360, 539 Bryant St. Suite 402, San Francisco, CA 94107.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open only to individuals who (i) are legal residents of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia, and (ii) who are the age of majority or other in his or her state of residence at the time of entry.
If you are not a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or you are not the required age as of the time of entry, you are not eligible to enter the Promotion or to win a prize. Employees, contractors, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”); and members of the immediate families (spouse and biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or win the prize.
Void where prohibited by law.
2. DESCRIPTION OF PROMOTION/HOW TO ENTER. The Promotion begins on April 30, 2022 at 1:00:00 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on May 8, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm PT (“Promotion Period”). Winners will be announced on or after May 8, 2022.
a) Social Media Entry: You must have an Instagram account in order to participate. The Instagram applications and website are free to use and are governed by Facebook’s own terms and policies. To receive one (1) entry into the Promotion, follow the link in our newsletter to the Mother’s Day Gift Box Giveaway post on Instagram and submit your entry by tagging a friend.
b) Alternate Method of Entry (AMOE) – MAIL: To enter the Promotion without creating a Facebook or Instagram account, you may receive up to two (2) entries by hand printing your full name, street address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number, e-mail address and date of birth on a 3½” X 5” index card and mailing it, first-class U.S. postage prepaid, inside a standard #10 size business envelope with a handwritten address to: Life360 ATTN: Mother’s Day Gift Box Giveaway (include the date the Promotion launched), 539 Bryant St. Suite 402, San Francisco, CA 94107. All mail-in entries must be postmarked before the end of the Promotion Period, and received by close of business the day after the end of the Promotion Period to be considered valid. Entries must be submitted individually in each envelope with the entry address handwritten. No more than two (2) mail in entries per person/email address/household permitted. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles will be accepted. Any alterations or forged entries will void the entry. Any entries not received in envelopes will be disqualified. Any professionally or mechanically printed entry forms other than those hand written on a plain 3½” X 5” postcard will be disqualified. Illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, multiple or automated entries, and entries by ineligible individuals will be disqualified. Lost, late, misdirected, mutilated or postage-due entries will not be considered. Each postcard-envelope entry must be mailed separately in a #10 size business envelope with a handwritten address.
Regardless of what method of entry is used, there is a limit of two (2) entries per person/verified email address/household for the duration of Promotion Period. Incomplete and/or invalid or duplicate entries will be disqualified.
The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, illegible, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete entries, regardless of cause. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account, as applicable, enter the Promotion and a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt by the Sponsor for online entries. When applicable, the Sponsor’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Promotion. Entries will be disqualified if incomplete and/or if prohibited multiple entries in excess of the states limit are received. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules; (b) as between you and the Sponsor, that the decisions of the Sponsor is final on all matters relating to the Promotion; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; and (d) in the event that you do not comply with these Rules, that you will be disqualified and your prize (if any) will be forfeited.
3. WINNER SELECTION. Sponsor will randomly select potential Promotion winners from among all eligible entries collectively received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Potential Promotion winners are subject to verification, including verification of eligibility. If an entrant is unable to verify his/her information, or the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) natural days after the first attempt to contact the potential winner, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in accordance with these Official Rules in the event that any winner is disqualified, cannot be contacted, or is deemed ineligible for any reason, or is not available to participate in any applicable Promotion events.
The potential winners will be notified via Instagram direct message two business days after the end of the Promotion Period. The Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address or account. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a finalist and/or potential winner. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the time designated by the Sponsor in the winner notification, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited.
As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive a prize and be deemed a winner, entrants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Sponsor and agree to the terms in the form, including but not limited to the prize conditions. The potential prize winner may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four hours after the first delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated in these Official Sweepstakes Rules or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner’s failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and, in such event, the Sponsor may randomly select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Up to two (2) winners in the Promotion will be selected at random: each winner will receive one (1) Life360 Gift Box. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is $100.00 USD. The total ARV of all prizes combined during the Promotional Period is $200.00 USD. Winners must provide their shipping address to a Life360 representative in order to claim their prize.
No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third party fulfillment Sponsor. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified in these Official Sweepstakes Rules as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner(s).
All prizes provided by: Life360
Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. Limit: One (1) prize per person. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion; (2) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Promotion; (3) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (4) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Promotion; or (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
The Sponsor further reserves the right to: (i) cancel, terminate, suspend, declare null or void, amend, alter, or modify the Promotion, void any suspicious entries, rescind any prize, and/or determine absolute resolution, and/or an alternate method of conducting the Promotion and/or awarding the prize(s) at any time, for any reason, or if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it is impossible or impractical to complete or conduct the Promotion as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any sort, programming associated with or used in the Promotion, by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Promotion, or any other causes which effect the operation of the Promotion or the rules of the integrity of the Promotion have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Promotionand/or (ii) stop or conclude the Promotion at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Official Sweepstakes Rules will be posted on #Life360SkillshareGiveaway page(s), when practical. In the event of termination of the Promotion by the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
6. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winner(s) grant the Sponsor permission to use their names, characters, images, voices, and likenesses worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in a publicly available winners list.
8. RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Promotion Entities and any applicable third party fulfillment service and each of their respective employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Promotion, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the prize, winner(s) hereby agrees that: (i) to release each of the Released Parties from any and all claims in connection with the Promotion and the award or use of the prizes; and (ii) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming consent to use the winner’s name/likeness as set forth in Section 6 prior to acceptance of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole control. Upon awarding the prize, the Sponsor will have no further obligation to the winner.
Sponsor reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Promotion. As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain costs, judgments, or awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim or seek punitive, incidental, consequential, special, or any other damages, other than for actual, third-party out-of-pocket expenses, and in such limitation, entrant further waives any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (b) any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, through binding arbitration as set forth above, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every entrant. Participation in the Promotionconstitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
9. TAXES. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported to the IRS as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related to prize acceptance and use not specified in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor in a calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of those prizes to the IRS.
10. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these Official Sweepstakes Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Promotion and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners are notified than prize(s) available, prize(s) will be awarded in a random drawing from among all such persons. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Any reference in these Official Sweepstakes Rules or as part of the Promotion to the Sponsor’s “discretion” and/or any exercise of discretion by the Sponsor shall mean in Sponsor’s “sole and unfettered discretion.” The Sponsor further reserves the right to terminate the Promotion if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Promotion have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not an entrant in the Promotion. In the event the Promotion is terminated, Sponsor will award the prize(s) in a random drawing from all eligible entries received prior to termination. If applicable, material changes to the Official Sweepstakes Rules will be available on-line at the Sponsor’s website, when practical. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
11. BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THE PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES.
12. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 11 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the City of San Francisco.
13. WINNER LIST. To request the name of the winners of the Promotion, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Life360, 539 Bryant St. Suite 402, San Francisco, CA 94107. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Promotion end date (listed above in Section 2 of these Official Sweepstakes Rules). You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.