What Is Life360? A Story About Our App
In the age of connectivity, staying connected with our loved ones has never been more critical. In this age, Life360 acts as a beacon of reassurance for friends and families alike. As a comprehensive location-sharing app, Life360 goes beyond mere GPS tracking, creating a virtual safety net that keeps everyone in the loop about each other’s whereabouts and safety. The article delves into the world of Life360, exploring its inception, features, compatibility, age restrictions, and the cost associated with the peace of mind it offers.
Why Was Life360 Created?
Life360 was not born out of a desire to invade privacy but rather as a response to the inability of families to stay connected during difficult times. Founded in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2008, Life360 emerged as a solution to provide families with real-time location updates, emergency alerts, and seamless communication avenues.
Life360 sought to bridge the safety communication gap that often arises between friends and family members in a world where schedules are hectic, and the unexpected can happen at any moment. The aim was simple – to make it easy for families to know where each member is, especially during critical times when prompt communication and location tracking are essential.
Life360 Features: Beyond Location Sharing
Life360 stands out due to its diverse features catering to the various aspects of safety and communication. The core functionalities include:
- Real-Time Location Sharing: Life360 allows users to share their location with designated Circles – groups of family members, friends, coworkers, or couples – via GPS. This feature is invaluable for coordinating meet-ups, ensuring the safety of loved ones, and providing peace of mind.
- Location History: Depending on your membership level, the app maintains a location history for Circle members between two to thirty days. This feature can be handy for retracing steps, understanding daily routines, or locating a missing friend or family member.
- Driving Reports: Life360 offers both Circle and Individual Driver Reports, depending on which Life360 membership you have. The app monitors driving behaviors, providing insights into speed, phone usage while driving, and other driver-related data. This feature is about monitoring your Circle and encouraging safe driving practices.
- Crash Detection: If triggered by a car accident, Life360’s Crash Detection feature automatically alerts your emergency contact within your Circle. If you are on the Life360 Gold or Platinum plan, the app will also call 24/7 emergency dispatch to your location.
- Place Alerts: Users can set specific locations as “Places” within the app and receive automatic notifications when a Circle member leaves or arrives at these designated areas. This feature is excellent for keeping track of kids coming home from school or ensuring elderly family members reach their intended destination.
- SOS Alerts: If users find themselves in a dangerous situation, they can activate an SOS alert within their app. This feature sends SMS text messages to people you designate as emergency contacts in the event of an emergency when you activate the SOS button. If you are on the Life360 Gold or Platinum plan, the app will also call 24/7 emergency dispatch to your location.
These are just a few examples of what Life360 has to offer. Other features include roadside assistance, travel assistance, medical assistance, data breach alerts, credit monitoring, and more.
What Is Life360 Compatible With?
The Life360 app, unlike apps such as ‘Find My’, is available for Android and iOS devices, covering the majority of smartphones in use today. This cross-platform functionality ensures that families can stay connected, regardless of the devices they use.
Life360 Age Restrictions
While Life360 is primarily designed for families and their safety needs, it is essential to note that the app does have age-specific requirements and restrictions. Children under 13 are not permitted to use the Life360 application without the express written permission of a parent or legal guardian.
How Much Does Life360 Cost?
Life360 offers free and paid premium subscription plans catering to users’ needs and preferences. The free version includes the essential location safety features for which the app is famous. For those seeking additional features and protections, Life360 also offers the Gold and Platinum plans.
For $14.99/mo or $99 annually, Life360’s Gold plan offers everything the free plan does: additional features, more location history (thirty days), stolen phone protection, stolen funds reimbursement, and more.
For $24.99/mo or $199.99 annually, Life360’s Platinum plan offers everything the Gold plan does: increased limits for stolen phones and stolen funds, 10x as much free towing, travel assistance, medical assistance, and more.
Life360: An App for Everyone, Where Safety Comes First
In conclusion, Life360 emerges not just as a location-sharing app but as a comprehensive solution for families navigating the complexities of modern life. By combining real-time location tracking with additional safety features, Life360 provides a valuable tool for staying connected, informed, and secure in an ever-changing world. Stay connected, stay protected: Life360.